ATTENTION: 2017 2nd Quarter CAPP Statements have been mailed from the IATSE Natinal Health & Welfare Fund. The Deadline for any changes in your coverage is MARCH 15, 2017. If you have any questions contact the NBF at 800-456-3863 or email them at email@example.com.
ATTENTION: Form 1095-B has been mailed out by Health Net, Inc. for your 2016 income tax records. If you have not received form 1095-B, please call Health Net at: 800-522-0088.
April 1, 1947 – December 3, 2016
It is with a heavy heart to inform the membership on the passing of Brother George Soviak. Brother Soviak was a member of local 857 for 22 years. He died on Saturday morning, December 3rd at Cedars Sinai. He was 69 years old.
During his tenure as member of Local 857, George served as Vice President, Member of the Executive Board and Negotiating Committee.
His ashes are in their final resting place in Detroit, Michigan with his mother and father.
He will truly be missed by all those that knew him.
Rest in Peace Brother Soviak.
- Starting January 1, 2017, your health and welfare coverage will be administered by the IATSE National Benefit Funds.
- You will enroll in Plan C and will choose the level of health benefits you want. Information on the different levels of Plan C is available on the IATSE National Benefit Funds website: http://www.iatsenbf.org/
- Your new health insurance provider is Empire BlueCross BlueShield.
- Prescription drug benefits are covered through CVS Caremark.
- Dental benefits are provided through Delta Dental.
- Vision benefits – only available at the C-1 or C-2 level – are provided through Davis Vision.
Things to remember:
- Your employer will continue to make health & welfare contributions based on the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- You now have an individual CAPP account. You are responsible for monitoring your account balance and your eligibility for insurance coverage. You must first register on the website: http://www.iatsenbf.org/ to log in to your account.
- You will receive an enrollment packet from the IATSE National Benefit Funds office. The enrollment forms and any payment you owe is due by December 15, 2016.
- Contact information for the National Benefit Funds office is:
The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion opened to great fanfare 50 years ago, marking a new era in the cultural life of Los Angeles. At a lavish ceremony attended by 3,500, Mrs. Chandler called its creation “the most wonderful experience of my life.” Half a century later, the Los Angeles Times takes an in-depth look at the Music Center’s place today in a city that has changed greatly. View article.